(AllHipHop News) Today (April 8) Afrika Bambaataa’s attorney released a statement on behalf of the iconic rapper in regards to recent accusations that he assaulted a teen in the 1970’s.
Earlier this week, a former New York politician, Ronald Savage, recalled the charges in an interview with radio personality Star on Shot97.com.
Bambaataa’s attorney told AllHipHop.com the following in an exclusive statement:
Recently, defamatory statements were published seeking to harm my client’s reputation so as to lower him in the estimation of the community while deterring others from associating or dealing with him. The statements show a reckless disregard for the truth, were published with knowledge of their falsity, and are being made by a lesser-known person seeking publicity. Valuable cultural resources, such as Afrika Bambaataa’s good name and time, should never be used to assist a mediocre person’s asinine quest for social media popularity and superficial gain. – Attorney Vivian K. Tozaki
The statement comes on the heals of a third man coming forward to make sexual assault claims. The unidentified man says that the assaults happened when he was 12 years old.
Ronald Savage made similar claims of oral sex in his 2014 book, “Impulse, Urges and Fantasy’s.”
He claimed that Afrika Bambaataa molested him between the ages of 12-14 in the late 1970’s.
The book claims to be a “true Hip-Hop story,” and is told through the eyes of a fictional character named “Bee-Stinger” of The Zulu Nation.
Savage, who is now in his 50’s, served as a New York State Democratic Committee for six years.
More news as details emerge.
Source: All Hip Hop